Having Fun = Fitness

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2014

People sometimes ask why I wear bright shorts when racing. I always say "because you've gotta have fun!" Training, racing, and life isn't as bad when you have fun.

Speaking of bright shorts and racing, I think I'm doing a duathlon this weekend. It's a longer duathlon (for our area), but it would be good endurance training for the TC Loony weekend. Right now, there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms. Yay. Fun.

I hope to have a few interviews ready to be posted tomorrow about how to race/approach a weekend like the "TC Loony Challenge" (10K and 5K on Saturday Oct 4, and a 10 Mile on Sunday Oct 5). Check back for some interesting stuff!

1 comments:

Shinianen 11:46 AM, September 17, 2014  

Couldn't agree with you more! I actually look forward to working out when it means I get to dress up in crazy outfits and prance around. Collecting reactions is the best part.

Even if you don't like to wear wacky things, figuring out how to enjoy your workout actually has benefits... even if it's just a smile. There's research that proves smiling participants recover more quickly and are more productive during working out, too. I wrote a blog touching on it briefly last winter:

http://shinianen.blogspot.com/2013/12/smile-work-it.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.