R.I.P. Grandpa Clem

>> Saturday, February 07, 2015

My dear Grandpa Clem passed away on Tuesday night. I posted this on Facebook on Wednesday:


"Grandpa Clem lost his fight with cancer late last night. We're all sad, but we're happy he's
not suffering anymore. Thank you so much to my great aunt Barb Stenzel for being by his side
as he took his last, peaceful breath. He had such a great life, and I have so many fantastic
memories: Grandpa taught me to drive, fish, hunt, and play cribbage. (And he taught Sarah how to
properly pitch a horseshoe - bottom left.) Henry and I got to visit and say goodbye on Thursday
night, knowing that he probably didn't have much more time. We miss you, Grandpa."

If you've been around a while, you might remember this pic of Grandpa and I taking 2nd in a bean bag toss tournament from a few years back (first seen in this post):



And some of the other pics were from when Pharmie and I visited Grandpa and Grandma at their "snow bird" trailer in Mesa a few years ago (that you've maybe seen in this post or this post).


With baby Henry 3 years ago: 4 generations of the oldest Stenzel men. (Grandpa was the
oldest of 4, Dad was the oldest of 3, I was the oldest of 2, and Henry is the oldest of 2 [so far].)

Yesterday, we had Grandpa's funeral. I only picked up my camera once we got to the cemetery, and I took these 2 photos after everyone except family had left:


Grandma putting a flower on his casket.


We all put a flower on his casket and left him at peace.

We love you Grandpa.

4 comments:

Kristin 8:29 PM, February 07, 2015  

Hugs to you and your family. It sounds like he was a great man who left you with some great memories.

One Crazy Penguin 10:47 AM, February 09, 2015  

I'm so sorry for your loss. He seems like he was truly a wonderful man.

longrun4fun 2:35 PM, November 06, 2015  

Sorry for your loss. Is that snow already???

Steve Stenzel 3:12 PM, November 06, 2015  

Longrun4fun, this was posted back in Feb. It's still very nice here in MN!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.