MDRA 15K

>> Tuesday, August 09, 2016

I went down to Crosby Farm to cheer on some of my YWCA of Minneapolis teammates at the MDRA 15K. (It's a USATF MN circuit race, so lots of speedy runners were there.) This would have been a GREAT race to run, and I hope to run it next year. It starts on the edge of a parking lot, and then the rest of it takes place on (paved) trails through Crosby Farm, Shepard Road, and Hidden Falls park.


Just a few seconds after the start.


I spotted Evan with a stroller (my rabbit at last year's TC Loony Challenge).


The leaders looping back through the park around mile 1.5.
THIS is why I want to do this race! Beautiful!


Evan again, working the pop-a-wheelie-during-a-sharp-turn move
that I know well from my stroller runs with my boys.


Kevin from my team.


I think all 4 of these ladies are on the YWCA team,
but I only know Rose and Heather (in the official jerseys).


Up on Shepard Road around mile 5. This is just after the top-5 or so.
Mill City Running had a solid group in the top-20!


College buddy Dena (who you may remember from the 24 Hour Relay for Aaron
1.5 years ago
), Danielle, and Tom, with a big line of runners behind them.


Kevin again, along with Joshua in the Mill City kit.


Driving home along River Road, watching the runners head off into the distance.

I had to leave early because we had some family things going on, but it was fun to cheer for an hour. Nice work, YWCA team!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.